I’m staring out my front door at a half foot of snow, swaying branches heavily laden with wet snow, and an un-plowed street.
The latest weather report for Boston:
A Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 8 PM EST this evening.
* Locations… the East Coast of Massachusetts from Scituate northward.
* Hazard types… snow and blowing snow.
* Accumulations… 12 to 16 inches of snow.
* Timing… the heaviest snow will fall through noon time. Snowfall rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour are possible at times.
* Impacts… hazardous travel conditions expected. Heavy snow will significantly impact the morning commute. Strong northeast winds will combine with heavy snow to create blizzard conditions at times.
* Winds… north 20 to 30 with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Visibilities… one quarter mile or less at times.
A Blizzard Warning is issued when sustained winds or frequent gusts over 35 mph are expected with considerable falling and/or blowing and drifting snow. Visibilities will become poor with whiteout conditions at times. Those venturing outdoors may become lost or disoriented…
so persons in the warning area are advised to stay indoors.
I will take that advice and stay indoors.
Sometimes compliance means a day working at home with the kids.