On Tuesday, the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs held a hearing on the background and implications of the Madoff scandal: Madoff Investment Securities Fraud: Regulatory and Oversight Concerns and the Need for Reform.
- Professor John C. Coffee, Adolf A. Berle Professor of Law, Columbia University Law School
- Dr. Henry A. Backe, Orthopedic Surgeon, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Ms. Lori Richards, Director, Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Ms. Linda Thomsen, Director, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Mr. Stephen Luparello, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Mr. Stephen Harbeck, President and CEO, Securities Investor Protection Corporation