Rachel Hayes and Scott Schaefer of the University of Utah have published CEO Pay and the Lake Wobegon Effect in the Journal of Financial Economics. The central tenet is that every CEO wants to be paid above average because that means the company is performing above average.
CEO Pay and the Lake Wobegon Effect
- Professional Ethics at the NRS Compliance Conference
- Risk Management Panel at the NRS Compliance Conference
- Information Technology and Cybersecurity
- Supervision and the Urban Case, with Ted Urban
- SEC Examination and Enforcement Priorities
- Regulatory Roundtable at the NRS Compliance Conference
- Off to the NRS Conference
- Weekend Reading: Countdown to Zero Day
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for October 24
- Fighting Against the SEC’s Administrative Hearings
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic: