The Massachusetts Department of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation have extended the deadline for compliance with 201 CMR 17.00: Business Community Given Additional Time to Comply with Identity Theft Prevention Regulations.
The regulations were orginally set to take effect on January 1, 2009. That deadline has been extended to May 1, 2009. The deadlines for certification from third party providers and ensuring encryption of laptops have been extended to January 1, 2010.
See previous posts:
- New Data Security Regulations Have Sweeping Implications For Massachusetts Businesses
- Computer System Requirements for New Massachusetts Privacy Regulations
- Additional Guidance on the Massachusetts Privacy Regulations
- New Massachusetts Regulations to Mandate Comprehensive Information Security Requirements
- Privacy and Security Alert: Massachusetts Has New Data Security Regulations
- New Massachusetts Privacy Laws