On Thursday November 13, 2008, The House Commitee on Oversight and Government Reform held a hearing on hedge funds and the financial market.
The following witnesses testified:
- Professor David Ruder, Northwestern University School of Law, Former Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Professor Andrew Lo, Director, MIT Laboratory for Financial Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Management
- Professor Joseph Bankman, Stanford University Law School
- Houman Shadab, Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center, George Mason University
- John Alfred Paulson, President, Paulson & Co., Inc.
- George Soros, Chairman, Soros Fund Management, LLC
- James Simons, President, Renaissance Technologies, LLC
- Philip A. Falcone, Senior Managing Partner, Harbinger Capital Partners
- Kenneth C. Griffin, Chief Executive Officer and President, Citadel Investment Group, LLC