Bryan Burrough, William D. Cohan and Bethany McLean have a piece in this month’s Vanity Fair on Jon Corzine, the man behind the spectacular crash of MF Global. It doesn’t provide much insight into what happened at MF Global or where the missing money went. But is does paint an interesting picture of the captain […]
I will admit that I have been personally dismissive of the Occupy Wall Street movement and the splinter group of Occupy Boston that I pass by on the way to the office. Yesterday’s post on Occupy LEGO Land was an example. They lack a message and I personally think most of their message are off […]
As the #OccupyWallStreet protests grew, it was inevitable that the movement would spread in unusual ways. That includes plastic toys. “We must not be LEGO ‘lands’ — We must be a LEGO NATION.” #OccupyLegoLand is a Facebook Fan Page that gives voice to LEGO minifigures. Like Occupy Wall Street, they are battling on many fronts: […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for October 9
- Fund Managers, Legal Fees, and Fund Expenses
- What Does the Future Hold for the Regulation of Private Equity Funds?
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for October 2
- Failing the Family
- New SEC Rulemaking Database
- 75th Anniversary Celebration: Investment Company and Investment Advisers Acts
- The SEC Tries to Change Its Home-Court Advantage
- The SEC’s Cybersecurity Smackdown
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for September 18
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered