There is a growing movement to create a new crowdfunding regime for raising capital. The models seem to draw inspiration from Kickstarter, a platform to fund creative projects. I say that because each time I see a draft bill it talks about an internet-based intermediary as part of the exemption. President Obama endorsed the idea […]
Tag Archives | Democratizing Access to Captial Act
- Association for Corporate Growth’s Compliance & Regulatory Survey
- Compliance and Ebola
- Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative
- Weekend Reading: The Skies Belong To Us
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for October 17
- Don’t Forge Documents You Give to SEC Investigators
- Can an ATM Machine Be a Security?
- Compliance Compensation Survey
- Weekend Reading: Issues Related to State Voter Identification Laws
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for October 10
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic: