There is a growing movement to create a new crowdfunding regime for raising capital. The models seem to draw inspiration from Kickstarter, a platform to fund creative projects. I say that because each time I see a draft bill it talks about an internet-based intermediary as part of the exemption. President Obama endorsed the idea […]
Tag Archives | Democratizing Access to Captial Act
- Model Business Continuity Rule for Investment Advisers
- Weekend Riding: Midnight Boston Marathon Bike Ride
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for April 24
- Compliance Officer Earns Million-Dollar Whistleblower Award
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for April 17
- $250 Could Cost a Firm $6.1 Million
- Pyramid Scheme or Ponzi Scheme
- Invest With Managers Who Eat Their Own Cooking
- So It’s a Security, But Maybe the Private Placement Was Okay?
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for April 10
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic: