There is a growing movement to create a new crowdfunding regime for raising capital. The models seem to draw inspiration from Kickstarter, a platform to fund creative projects. I say that because each time I see a draft bill it talks about an internet-based intermediary as part of the exemption. President Obama endorsed the idea […]
Tag Archives | Democratizing Access to Captial Act
- LRN’s 2014 Ethics and Compliance Program Effectiveness Report
- Meet the SEC Whistleblowers
- How Do You Exit a Ponzi Scheme?
- Weekend Reading: Busted
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 25
- Money Market Fund Reform Makes My Head Hurt
- Compliance Failures and Performance Measure
- Compliance and Dodd-Frank at Four
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 18
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic: