The Securities and Exchange Commission took the bold step of filing charges against Standard and Poor’s, one of the three giant rating agencies. Personally, I think the role of rating agencies in the run up to the 2008 financial crisis has been under-appreciated. Without the the top AAA rating they bestowed on securitized mortgage bonds, […]
My notes, live, from the Compliance Week Conference session by Steven Dreyer who is overseeing Standard & Poor’s program to assess corporate ERM efforts as part of credit ratings. Standard & Poor’s To Apply Enterprise Risk Analysis To Corporate Ratings (.pdf) S&P’s ERM review for non-financial companies will be based primarily on information provided by […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar – Pan-Mass Challenge Edition
- Pay to Play Rule In Effect on July 31
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 24
- SEC Meet and Greet – Part 2
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 17
- BE-10 Survey Requirements: What Private Equity Funds Need to Know
- SEC Meet and Greet
- Compliance, Cycling and the Tour de France
- Weekend Reading: A History of the World in Sixteen Shipwrecks
- ReTIRE Initiative
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered