The Securities and Exchange Commission took the bold step of filing charges against Standard and Poor’s, one of the three giant rating agencies. Personally, I think the role of rating agencies in the run up to the 2008 financial crisis has been under-appreciated. Without the the top AAA rating they bestowed on securitized mortgage bonds, […]
My notes, live, from the Compliance Week Conference session by Steven Dreyer who is overseeing Standard & Poor’s program to assess corporate ERM efforts as part of credit ratings. Standard & Poor’s To Apply Enterprise Risk Analysis To Corporate Ratings (.pdf) S&P’s ERM review for non-financial companies will be based primarily on information provided by […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for the July Fourth Weekend
- How to Allocate Broken Deal Expenses After the KKR Case?
- Allocation of Broken Deal Expenses
- SEC Loosens the Standards in Trade Monitoring
- Can a Real Estate Fund Manager Be a Venture Capital Fund Manager?
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for June 19
- I Ask For Your Money
- The SEC Goes After the Gate Keeper
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for June 12
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered