The Securities and Exchange Commission took the bold step of filing charges against Standard and Poor’s, one of the three giant rating agencies. Personally, I think the role of rating agencies in the run up to the 2008 financial crisis has been under-appreciated. Without the the top AAA rating they bestowed on securitized mortgage bonds, […]
My notes, live, from the Compliance Week Conference session by Steven Dreyer who is overseeing Standard & Poor’s program to assess corporate ERM efforts as part of credit ratings. Standard & Poor’s To Apply Enterprise Risk Analysis To Corporate Ratings (.pdf) S&P’s ERM review for non-financial companies will be based primarily on information provided by […]
- Weekend Reading: House of Debt
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for September 12
- 9 11
- The SEC Is Serious About Section 16 Filings
- Do You Need to Know Enforcement Cases for Compliance?
- Combining Immigration Fraud and Investment Fraud
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for September 5
- Failing to Disclose Fees
- How Does the SEC Use Form PF in Adviser Exams?
- Dog Days of Summer