The Securities and Exchange Commission took the bold step of filing charges against Standard and Poor’s, one of the three giant rating agencies. Personally, I think the role of rating agencies in the run up to the 2008 financial crisis has been under-appreciated. Without the the top AAA rating they bestowed on securitized mortgage bonds, […]
My notes, live, from the Compliance Week Conference session by Steven Dreyer who is overseeing Standard & Poor’s program to assess corporate ERM efforts as part of credit ratings. Standard & Poor’s To Apply Enterprise Risk Analysis To Corporate Ratings (.pdf) S&P’s ERM review for non-financial companies will be based primarily on information provided by […]
- Do U.S. Regulators Listen to the Public?
- New Ruling on a Social Media Policy – Come on Down!
- Do Law Firms Need Compliance Programs?
- Weekend Reading: Wheelmen
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for March 7
- Compliance Lessons From My Dog
- Create an Introduction for the SEC
- Are Oil and Gas Investments “Securities”?
- Occupy Boston is Back…..
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for February 28