A winter storm has been hitting big chunks of the United States over the last few days. For me, in Boston, it’s just a small accumulation. That’s enough to cause a nuisance and snarl the morning commute. For me, one test of compliance is snow shoveling. Did my neighbors shovel their sidewalks so people can […]
Yet another heavy snowfall in Greater Boston. I spent my time this morning shoveling, instead of writing a new blog post.
It’s August, but here in Massachusetts we need to start thinking about snow and ice. Not because of climate change, but because of the Supreme Judicial Court. They just issued a ruling that changes the standard of liability for snow and ice hazards. The standard in the Massachusetts had been that a property owner could […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar – Pan-Mass Challenge Edition
- Pay to Play Rule In Effect on July 31
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 24
- SEC Meet and Greet – Part 2
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 17
- BE-10 Survey Requirements: What Private Equity Funds Need to Know
- SEC Meet and Greet
- Compliance, Cycling and the Tour de France
- Weekend Reading: A History of the World in Sixteen Shipwrecks
- ReTIRE Initiative
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered