Congress, or at least the the House Financial Services Committee, is proposing some relief for private equity funds. The Committee approved the Small Business Capital Access and Job Preservation Act, along with three other pieces of legislation. The bill would exempt private equity fund managers from the registration and reporting requirements of the Investment Adviser […]
Early versions of Dodd-Frank had an exemption from registration for private equity fund managers, just as there is one for venture capital fund managers. Perhaps there is some hope that the private equity exemption will once again surface? Don’t count on it. Although I appreciate the efforts of Congressmen Hurt, Cooper, Garrett, Himes, and others. […]
The Small Business Capital Access and Job Preservation Act, H.R. 1082, took another step forward this week when it was approved by the House Committee on Financial Services. It still has a long way to go before coming law so this is no time to stop getting your compliance infrastructure in place. The bill still […]
The SEC extended the deadline for private fund managers to register with the Securities and Exchange Commission as investment advisers from July 21, 2011 to March 30, 2012. That’s a long enough period of time for legislation to intervene and grant a new exemption for private equity fund managers. Dodd-Frank has a new exemption for […]
In earlier versions of Dodd-Frank, when it was being formulated in the House committee, there was an exemption for private equity fund managers from registration under the Investment Advisers Act. It also had an exemption for venture capital fund managers. Only the venture capital exemption managed to survive. Of the many attempts to cut back […]
With the House of Representatives’ change in political control, the Republicans are taking some steps to cut back on Dodd-Frank. Earlier this week the House Committee on Financial Services distributed a press release about five potential bills that would revise the financial service legislation: The Asset-Backed Market Stabilization Act The Small Company Capital Formation Act […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for the July Fourth Weekend
- How to Allocate Broken Deal Expenses After the KKR Case?
- Allocation of Broken Deal Expenses
- SEC Loosens the Standards in Trade Monitoring
- Can a Real Estate Fund Manager Be a Venture Capital Fund Manager?
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for June 19
- I Ask For Your Money
- The SEC Goes After the Gate Keeper
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for June 12
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered