One of the current issues around a fund manager or company from using advertising as part of its private placement fundraising is the proposed changes to filing requirements for Form D. Few people I have spoken with actually want to use general solicitation like bulk emails, newspaper ads, or web ads. But they do want […]
While I was waiting to see what surprises the Securities and Exchange Commission had included in the rule lifting the ban on general solicitation and advertising for private placements, the SEC slipped in an unexpected surprise. The SEC is proposing a new Rule 509. Rule 509 would require disclosures on “any written communication that constitutes […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar – Pan-Mass Challenge Edition
- Pay to Play Rule In Effect on July 31
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 24
- SEC Meet and Greet – Part 2
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 17
- BE-10 Survey Requirements: What Private Equity Funds Need to Know
- SEC Meet and Greet
- Compliance, Cycling and the Tour de France
- Weekend Reading: A History of the World in Sixteen Shipwrecks
- ReTIRE Initiative
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered