One of the current issues around a fund manager or company from using advertising as part of its private placement fundraising is the proposed changes to filing requirements for Form D. Few people I have spoken with actually want to use general solicitation like bulk emails, newspaper ads, or web ads. But they do want […]
While I was waiting to see what surprises the Securities and Exchange Commission had included in the rule lifting the ban on general solicitation and advertising for private placements, the SEC slipped in an unexpected surprise. The SEC is proposing a new Rule 509. Rule 509 would require disclosures on “any written communication that constitutes […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for May 21
- Vertical Integration of Fund Manager and Related Party Expenses
- Brady, Footballs, and Tone at the Top
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for May 15
- What To Expect From The SEC In The Year Ahead
- Ensuring Compliance in Your Marketing and Advertising Procedures
- Cybersecurity and Risk Management
- The SEC Exam: What We’ve Learned from Recent Exams
- Compliance Today: What’s Impacting the Compliance Community
- Private Fund Compliance Forum 2015
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered