Jon Stewart helps celebrate the one year anniversary of Dodd-Frank (for those of you who grew up on Schoolhouse Rocks.) The Daily Show – Dodd-Frank UpdateGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook
It’s the holiday season. Like the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, your community may run a similar parade. They need to pay attention to compliance issues. Particularly, they need to compare the height of the parade’s balloons to overhead power lines and traffic signals. For your entertainment, a parade that failed.
So how are your surveys working? Do you get meaningful results? Are the results skewed by those who responded (versus those who didn’t)?
At the Compliance Week 2010 Conference I was surprised to discover that the improv comedy group, Second City, had dived into the world of compliance and ethics awareness. They debuted three of their awareness videos during the conference keynotes. They are now available on their Real Biz Shorts website: Cracking the Code Up-Setting a Good […]
This ad induced a huge spit take. I had to wipe off my monitor. Plenty to learn in this video about incentives and unintended outcomes. You can see the obvious HR issues. Bud Light | “Clothing Drive” commercial on YouTube
For you economics geeks, how about a rap duel between John Maynard Keynes and F. A. Hayek? In Fear the Boom and Bust, John Maynard Keynes and F. A. Hayek, two of the great economists of the 20th century, come back to life to attend an economics conference on the economic crisis. Before the conference […]
Sing it with me: On the first day of compliance, my audit gave to me: Madoff in a prison jumpsuit. . . On the second day of compliance, my audit gave to me: Two legal frauds, and Madoff in a prison jumpsuit. . On the third day of compliance, my audit gave to me: Three […]
Enterprise 2.0 Made Easy – Part 1 from Geek & Poke
Dilbert points out the downside when you don’t sugarcoat your message:
- Proposed Anti-Money Laundering Regulations for Investment Advisers and Fund Managers
- Management Fee “Waiver” Tax Treatment
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for August 21
- Hiring Relatives Could Be An Illegal Bribe
- Weekend Reading: Rain
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for August 14
- On line portals for fundraising
- Updates on Private Placements
- Upcoming Anti-Money Laundering Rules for Private Funds
- A Win for Compliance Officers
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered