It’s the third Monday of January, so that means a day off to celebrate the Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. It was officially observed in all 50 states for the first time in 2000. President Ronald Reagan signed a bill creating the federal holiday to honor King in 1983. How to celebrate?
Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 By the President of the United States of America. A Proclamation. The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they […]
March 17 is more known for that other holiday where everything is green. You night not be celebrating today if it were not for the events of 1776. In 1776, British forces had occupied Boston for years. The local militia and Continental army had been harassing the British soldiers, leaving them isolated on the small […]
On behalf of the entire staff of Compliance Building we wish you a very happy holiday season, a merry Christmas, and a compliant new year. Christopher Columbus Park by Igor Motov CC NC BY SA
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the […]
Canada Day is the national day of Canada celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the British North America Act, 1867 which united three colonies into a single country called Canada within the British Empire.
Center of town. Woodstock, Vermont. “Snowy night” (1940) by Marion Post Wolcott Published by the Library of Congress
May you receive all the compliance gifts you’ve dreamed of. Cats Decorating Christmas Tree by Louis Wain in the Detroit Publishing Company Collection at the Library of Congress
What better way to celebrate the independence of the United States than by taking the day off from work, grilling meat, and watching stuff blow up. I’m doing the same thing on the blog and taking a vacation. “The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. […]
And the shot heard ’round the world Was the start of the Revolution. The Minute Men were ready, on the move. Take your powder, and take your gun. Report to General Washington. – Schoolhouse Rock! Patriots’ Day honors the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the Revolutionary War. That […]
- Proposed Anti-Money Laundering Regulations for Investment Advisers and Fund Managers
- Management Fee “Waiver” Tax Treatment
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for August 21
- Hiring Relatives Could Be An Illegal Bribe
- Weekend Reading: Rain
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for August 14
- On line portals for fundraising
- Updates on Private Placements
- Upcoming Anti-Money Laundering Rules for Private Funds
- A Win for Compliance Officers
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered