That means an extra long weekend for me. In Boston, the big traffic rush was on Tuesday night to avoid the traffic on Wednesday. I think most people have a half day on Wednesday or the day off. I hope you get to enjoy a long weekend before the push for year-end. I’m going for […]
It’s the third Monday of January, so that means a day off to celebrate the Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. It was officially observed in all 50 states for the first time in 2000. President Ronald Reagan signed a bill creating the federal holiday to honor King in 1983. How to celebrate?
Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 By the President of the United States of America. A Proclamation. The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they […]
March 17 is more known for that other holiday where everything is green. You night not be celebrating today if it were not for the events of 1776. In 1776, British forces had occupied Boston for years. The local militia and Continental army had been harassing the British soldiers, leaving them isolated on the small […]
On behalf of the entire staff of Compliance Building we wish you a very happy holiday season, a merry Christmas, and a compliant new year. Christopher Columbus Park by Igor Motov CC NC BY SA
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the […]
Canada Day is the national day of Canada celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the British North America Act, 1867 which united three colonies into a single country called Canada within the British Empire.
Center of town. Woodstock, Vermont. “Snowy night” (1940) by Marion Post Wolcott Published by the Library of Congress
May you receive all the compliance gifts you’ve dreamed of. Cats Decorating Christmas Tree by Louis Wain in the Detroit Publishing Company Collection at the Library of Congress
- Happy Thanksgiving
- US Private Equity Fund Compliance Guide
- SEC Brings Charges Against CCO for Custody Failure
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for November 20
- Are There Real Estate Fund Enforcement Cases Coming From the SEC?
- Rapid-Fire, Nuts & Bolts Tips from Former Regulators Now in the Private Sector
- The Asset Management Unit: Reflecting and Moving Ahead
- Discover the Priorities and Perspectives of the Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations
- Investment Management: What’s Next on the Rulemaking Front
- Red-Hot SEC Enforcement Priorities
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered