There have been many stories written about the Goldman Sachs investment in Facebook. On one hand, there is the chatter about the investment placing the valuation at $50 billion. On the other, there hand there is the talk about how this affects a possible IPO by Facebook. There are two main reasons for an public […]
Panda Security released its first annual Social Media Risk Index for small- and medium-sized businesses. They surveyed 315 US SMBs with up to 1,000 employees during the month of July. 33 percent of these companies had experienced a malware or virus infection from social networks 23 percent citing employee privacy violations resulting in the loss […]
In the recent case of Crispin v. Audigier, a California judge ruled that Facebook and MySpace messages that aren’t publicly available are protected information under the Stored Communications Act, and therefore can’t be subpoenaed for use in civil litigation. Buckley Crispin sued clothing maker Christian Audigier for copyright infringement, alleging that Audigier used his artistic […]
Here are some interesting stories from the past week. Tis the Season! Where are the gifts from vendors?? from Kathleen Edmond, Best Buy’s Chief Ethics Officer This time every year we send out reminders to our employees that we do not accept gifts from vendors. At the same time we send letters to our vendors […]
The Social, Mobile Web: Business Productivity in an Era of Twitter, Facebook, and Unified Communications
I’m attending the Enterprise 2.0 Conference in San Francisco. I’m sharing my notes from this session. Clara Shih,founder and CEO of Hearsay Labs, which develops web applications to track brand engagement and accelerate sales on Facebook and Twitter. She is also the author of The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, […]
Become a Fan of Compliance Building on Facebook and receive updates in your Facebook news feed.
- What Does the Future Hold for the Regulation of Private Equity Funds?
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for October 2
- Failing the Family
- New SEC Rulemaking Database
- 75th Anniversary Celebration: Investment Company and Investment Advisers Acts
- The SEC Tries to Change Its Home-Court Advantage
- The SEC’s Cybersecurity Smackdown
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for September 18
- Cybersecurity Exams Part II: More Governance
- Outside Trading Defendants Settle
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered