There is a growing movement to create a new crowdfunding regime for raising capital. The models seem to draw inspiration from Kickstarter, a platform to fund creative projects. I say that because each time I see a draft bill it talks about an internet-based intermediary as part of the exemption. President Obama endorsed the idea […]
It’s hard to raise capital. The regulatory restrictions imposed by securities laws make it harder to do so. As any bright-eyed entrepreneur with a dream project will tell you, the lawyers and the securities laws make it very expensive and time consuming to raise capital for a small project. The central goal of the Securities […]
- Allocation of Broken Deal Expenses
- SEC Loosens the Standards in Trade Monitoring
- Can a Real Estate Fund Manager Be a Venture Capital Fund Manager?
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for June 19
- I Ask For Your Money
- The SEC Goes After the Gate Keeper
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for June 12
- Cyber Insurance: A Pragmatic Approach to a Growing Necessity
- The SEC Suffers a Setback In Its Use of In-House Judges
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered