There is a growing movement to create a new crowdfunding regime for raising capital. The models seem to draw inspiration from Kickstarter, a platform to fund creative projects. I say that because each time I see a draft bill it talks about an internet-based intermediary as part of the exemption. President Obama endorsed the idea […]
It’s hard to raise capital. The regulatory restrictions imposed by securities laws make it harder to do so. As any bright-eyed entrepreneur with a dream project will tell you, the lawyers and the securities laws make it very expensive and time consuming to raise capital for a small project. The central goal of the Securities […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for March 7
- Compliance Lessons From My Dog
- Create an Introduction for the SEC
- Are Oil and Gas Investments “Securities”?
- Occupy Boston is Back…..
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for February 28
- Are SEC Employees Profiting from Enforcement Actions?
- SEC Charges Private Equity Fund Manager with Misallocation of Expenses
- The Darth Vader Defense to Insider Trading
- California’s Public Disclosure of Private Fund Investments