There is a growing movement to create a new crowdfunding regime for raising capital. The models seem to draw inspiration from Kickstarter, a platform to fund creative projects. I say that because each time I see a draft bill it talks about an internet-based intermediary as part of the exemption. President Obama endorsed the idea […]
It’s hard to raise capital. The regulatory restrictions imposed by securities laws make it harder to do so. As any bright-eyed entrepreneur with a dream project will tell you, the lawyers and the securities laws make it very expensive and time consuming to raise capital for a small project. The central goal of the Securities […]
- Weekend Reading: House of Debt
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for September 12
- 9 11
- The SEC Is Serious About Section 16 Filings
- Do You Need to Know Enforcement Cases for Compliance?
- Combining Immigration Fraud and Investment Fraud
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for September 5
- Failing to Disclose Fees
- How Does the SEC Use Form PF in Adviser Exams?
- Dog Days of Summer