There is a growing movement to create a new crowdfunding regime for raising capital. The models seem to draw inspiration from Kickstarter, a platform to fund creative projects. I say that because each time I see a draft bill it talks about an internet-based intermediary as part of the exemption. President Obama endorsed the idea […]
It’s hard to raise capital. The regulatory restrictions imposed by securities laws make it harder to do so. As any bright-eyed entrepreneur with a dream project will tell you, the lawyers and the securities laws make it very expensive and time consuming to raise capital for a small project. The central goal of the Securities […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for May 29
- What is a “Voting Equity Security” under the Bad Actor Rule?
- Compliance and Co-Investment Allocation
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for May 21
- Vertical Integration of Fund Manager and Related Party Expenses
- Brady, Footballs, and Tone at the Top
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for May 15
- What To Expect From The SEC In The Year Ahead
- Ensuring Compliance in Your Marketing and Advertising Procedures
- Cybersecurity and Risk Management
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered