Senator Elizabeth Warren sent a sharp letter to Mary Jo White, Chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission. “You have now been SEC Chair for over two years, and to date, your leadership of the Commission has been extremely disappointing.” Senator Warren raises four major issues: The SEC’s failure to finalize the rules for disclosure […]
The last time Washington saw Elizabeth Warren, she was thrown out of town for her strong advocacy of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act established the CFPB. Warren is credited with creating the CFPB, tirelesslessy lobbying for its inclusion in Dodd-Frank, and worked on implementation of the […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for the July Fourth Weekend
- How to Allocate Broken Deal Expenses After the KKR Case?
- Allocation of Broken Deal Expenses
- SEC Loosens the Standards in Trade Monitoring
- Can a Real Estate Fund Manager Be a Venture Capital Fund Manager?
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for June 19
- I Ask For Your Money
- The SEC Goes After the Gate Keeper
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for June 12
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered