Senator Elizabeth Warren sent a sharp letter to Mary Jo White, Chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission. “You have now been SEC Chair for over two years, and to date, your leadership of the Commission has been extremely disappointing.” Senator Warren raises four major issues: The SEC’s failure to finalize the rules for disclosure […]
The last time Washington saw Elizabeth Warren, she was thrown out of town for her strong advocacy of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act established the CFPB. Warren is credited with creating the CFPB, tirelesslessy lobbying for its inclusion in Dodd-Frank, and worked on implementation of the […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar – Pan-Mass Challenge Edition
- Pay to Play Rule In Effect on July 31
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 24
- SEC Meet and Greet – Part 2
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 17
- BE-10 Survey Requirements: What Private Equity Funds Need to Know
- SEC Meet and Greet
- Compliance, Cycling and the Tour de France
- Weekend Reading: A History of the World in Sixteen Shipwrecks
- ReTIRE Initiative
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered