The last time Washington saw Elizabeth Warren, she was thrown out of town for her strong advocacy of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act established the CFPB. Warren is credited with creating the CFPB, tirelesslessy lobbying for its inclusion in Dodd-Frank, and worked on implementation of the […]
Tag Archives | CFPB
Private Fund Compliance Forum
Use Promo Code PFC14_CB to get 15% off.
- Real Estate Investing and Crowdfunding
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for April 11
- Pay to Play and the Supreme Court
- Can a Vending Machine Be a Security?
- The SEC Has Seen Your Private Equity Fees And Is Not Happy With Them
- What Are the Implications of the SEC’s New Private Fund Exam Unit
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for April 4
- Accredited Investor Verification
- The SEC Endorses Yelp for Investment Advisers
- The SEC Shows Some Respect for the Working Woman
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic: