The last time Washington saw Elizabeth Warren, she was thrown out of town for her strong advocacy of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act established the CFPB. Warren is credited with creating the CFPB, tirelesslessy lobbying for its inclusion in Dodd-Frank, and worked on implementation of the […]
Tag Archives | CFPB
- Proposed Anti-Money Laundering Regulations for Investment Advisers and Fund Managers
- Management Fee “Waiver” Tax Treatment
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for August 21
- Hiring Relatives Could Be An Illegal Bribe
- Weekend Reading: Rain
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for August 14
- On line portals for fundraising
- Updates on Private Placements
- Upcoming Anti-Money Laundering Rules for Private Funds
- A Win for Compliance Officers
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic:
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered