The last time Washington saw Elizabeth Warren, she was thrown out of town for her strong advocacy of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act established the CFPB. Warren is credited with creating the CFPB, tirelesslessy lobbying for its inclusion in Dodd-Frank, and worked on implementation of the […]
Tag Archives | CFPB
- Weekend Riding: Midnight Boston Marathon Bike Ride
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for April 24
- Compliance Officer Earns Million-Dollar Whistleblower Award
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for April 17
- $250 Could Cost a Firm $6.1 Million
- Pyramid Scheme or Ponzi Scheme
- Invest With Managers Who Eat Their Own Cooking
- So It’s a Security, But Maybe the Private Placement Was Okay?
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for April 10
- Sure Fire Way To Spot a Fraud: Look for the SEC Seal
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic: