Real estate is the standard for hard to value assets. But there are plenty of models to help reach a reasonable value. The Securities and Exchange Commission has apparently taken the position that it will not challenge absolute valuations, but will challenge flaws in the models that get to the value. A recent SEC case […]
The Securities and Exchange Commission brought another case out of its Aberrational Performance Inquiry initiative in the Enforcement Division’s Asset Management Unit. That initiative identifies funds with suspicious returns and flags performance that is inconsistent with a fund’s investment strategy or other benchmarks forms a basis for further investigation and scrutiny. The initiative nabbed GLG […]
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
Most Popular Stories
- Qualified Purchasers under the Investment Company Act
- What is a Security? Is Real Estate a Security?
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2014 Edition of Who Is Registered
- Private Fund Exemptions under the Investment Company Act
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered
- SEC Exam Document Request Examples
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Is a Note a Security?
- Social Media Policies Database