Sometimes when you look at an investment opportunity, you run through the math and see that things don’t add up. That means it might be a fraud. Take a look at the offering of Bio Profit Series V, LLC detailed in an enforcement action by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Assuming the SEC’s complaint is […]
Private Equity Real Estate just released its ranking of the top 50 real estate private equity fund managers. As I have done in the past, I parsed the list to see which managers are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as investment advisers. (Disclosure: my company is on the list.) 1 The Blackstone Group […]
Last year, I looked a the top 30 real estate private equity fund managers to see which were registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given that we just passed the March 30, 2012 registration deadline, I thought I would update the list. (Disclosure: my company is on the list.) 1 The Blackstone Group Already […]
Last year, I looked a the top 30 real estate private equity fund managers to see which are already registered with the SEC. The 2011 version of the PERE 30 just came out, so I decided to look at the list again. (Disclosure: my company is on the list.) It was mostly re-shuffling, but three […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for March 7
- Compliance Lessons From My Dog
- Create an Introduction for the SEC
- Are Oil and Gas Investments “Securities”?
- Occupy Boston is Back…..
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for February 28
- Are SEC Employees Profiting from Enforcement Actions?
- SEC Charges Private Equity Fund Manager with Misallocation of Expenses
- The Darth Vader Defense to Insider Trading
- California’s Public Disclosure of Private Fund Investments