Compliance Building is a free resource I publish for me, and share with you, to help the compliance profession. It will still be free, but I’m asking for money. I should point out that the money is not for me; It’s for charity. I’m riding the 2015 Pan-Mass Challenge to raise money for the Dana-Farber […]
I home your home computer works better than this one and that you don;t have to use Fortran, no matter easy it may be to use. Perhaps this is a good example of why past performance is not an indication of future results. I think this gentlemen from 1954 would be very surprised at what […]
I hope you have a happy and joyous holiday season. Whether it be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Festivus, Feast of Winter Veil, Saturnalia, or New Year’s Eve, I hope you get to spend some extra time with friends and family. I will be trying to spend some extra time with my friends and family so […]
The United States fought hard for a constitutional democracy, but came short by initially limiting the vote to white men. It’s been the voting since then that has resulted in a broader section of the population having the right to vote. Exercise that right. You may not like any of the candidates, but you should […]
It’s an old meme, but it made me laugh.
March 17 is more known for that other holiday where everything is green. You night not be celebrating today if it were not for the events of 1776. In 1776, British forces had occupied Boston for years. The local militia and Continental army had been harassing the British soldiers, leaving them isolated on the small […]
My dog has taught me a few lessons about compliance. (That’s me and Ghost taking a well-deserved nap.) Start early. We started dog training early to focus on developing good habits at an early stage. (We did lose a few shoes while he was a puppy.) It’s never too late to unlearn bad habits, but […]
No, it’s not. “March 1st and March 2nd, NBC Studios will be in Norman B. Leventhal Park to film large crowd scenes for the pilot of their television series “Odyssey”. While filming will only be on the weekends, certain production work will take place during the week. Any set design or props in the Park […]
On behalf of the entire staff of Compliance Building we wish you a very happy holiday season, a merry Christmas, and a compliant new year. Christopher Columbus Park by Igor Motov CC NC BY SA
A winter storm has been hitting big chunks of the United States over the last few days. For me, in Boston, it’s just a small accumulation. That’s enough to cause a nuisance and snarl the morning commute. For me, one test of compliance is snow shoveling. Did my neighbors shovel their sidewalks so people can […]
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 24
- SEC Meet and Greet – Part 2
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for July 17
- BE-10 Survey Requirements: What Private Equity Funds Need to Know
- SEC Meet and Greet
- Compliance, Cycling and the Tour de France
- Weekend Reading: A History of the World in Sixteen Shipwrecks
- ReTIRE Initiative
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for the July Fourth Weekend
- How to Allocate Broken Deal Expenses After the KKR Case?
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
- Yes, the SEC Wants Real Estate Fund Managers to Register
- Are Real Estate Fund Managers Registered with the SEC?
- Are you an Investment Company?
- Real Estate Funds and the Investment Company Act
- Are you an Investment Adviser?
- Custody and Private Funds
- Private Equity Real Estate Top 50 – 2015 Edition of Who is Registered