Here are my rules on comments:
- I encourage you to leave comments on posts and pages. Point out my mistakes, typos and poor clothing choices.
- Comments get published automatically unless they get caught in the spam comment filter. Occasionally, a good comment does end up in the spam filter and need to be retrieved from the 100+ spam comments that try to get published each day. Contact me if your comment is missing.
- I will delete any comment that I find vulgar, offensive, or libelous.
- I will delete comments that are just trying to sell a product or drive internet traffic to their site. Comments have <no follow> tag a so leaving a comment merely for SEO reasons is a waste of time. See Google’s Hard Facts about Comment Spam.
- If you are in the compliance field or legal field and leave comment spam in violation of rule #4, I may call you out for engaging in such a poor business practice. You are putting yourself among the unsavory comment spammers try to sell erectile dysfunction drugs and other unsavory products. You make the rest of the compliance and legal field look bad by doing so.
- Currently you do not need to register, leave your name or leave an email address to leave a comment. I will not try to seek out your identity. Your IP address is shown to me on the blog platform, so I could possibly find out where the comment came from. I won’t bother unless you are violating Rule #5.
- I do occasionally block IP addresses that generate lots of spam comments.