For its latest mission, Improve Everywhere staged an unauthorized boardroom meeting in the office chair department of a Staples. The chairs in this particular office supply store were already arranged in a boardroom configuration, making it easy for us to hold a surprise meeting. Actor Will Hines gave a presentation to the board, using a whiteboard and an easel he had bought from the store just minutes prior. Minutes into the meeting, the board was asked to leave by a confused store manager.
Unauthorized Board Meeting
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for December 6
- Small Business Capital Access & Job Preservation Act – Part 2
- The Upcoming Changes to the Accredited Investor Standard
- Compliance Program Failure
- Happy Thanksgivukkah!
- Some Relief for a Fund Manager Under the Political Contributions Rule
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for November 20
- High Performance with High Integrity
- JOBS Act 2.0
- Is Your Fund Name Misleading?
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic: