For its latest mission, Improve Everywhere staged an unauthorized boardroom meeting in the office chair department of a Staples. The chairs in this particular office supply store were already arranged in a boardroom configuration, making it easy for us to hold a surprise meeting. Actor Will Hines gave a presentation to the board, using a whiteboard and an easel he had bought from the store just minutes prior. Minutes into the meeting, the board was asked to leave by a confused store manager.
Unauthorized Board Meeting
- Compliance Lessons From My Dog
- Create an Introduction for the SEC
- Are Oil and Gas Investments “Securities”?
- Occupy Boston is Back…..
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for February 28
- Are SEC Employees Profiting from Enforcement Actions?
- SEC Charges Private Equity Fund Manager with Misallocation of Expenses
- The Darth Vader Defense to Insider Trading
- California’s Public Disclosure of Private Fund Investments
- Compliance Bricks and Mortar for February 21
You can keep coming back to this website, but we can notify you when there is a new story if you Subscribe.
Dodd-Frank’ed Real Estate
The Dodd-Frank law brought many real estate private equity firms into the world of the Investment Advisers Act. These are some key stories on the topic: