On Thursday, December 2nd, 2010, I will be part of panel discussing some of the effects of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act on real estate investment management firms.
The session is open to the public, but not free.
Have you been Dodd-Franked?
If you invest other people’s money in real estate you may have been. The Dodd Frank legislation’s impact on real estate investment managers is far reaching and evolving. Our panel of experts will discuss the legislation and answer these key questions:
- Who will need to register or unregister with the SEC and State?
- What is the timeline for compliance and rules making?
- Will the SEC visit you and what is their focus?
- What is a Compliance Program and CCO?
- What reporting will be required regardless of registration requirements?
- How is the definition of an “Accredited Investor” changing?
- Other timely issues such as the “Pay to Play” rules.
Thursday, December 2nd, 2010
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr LLP
60 State Street, 26th Floor, Boston
Registration 7:30 a.m.; Program 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Questions? Please call Kayla Burmeister at 617-399-7863